Level 1 Series: The Basic ABCs of Accent Consulting
Our Basic Trainer Education Series for Accent Consulting
5 sessions, 12.5 live learning hours plus **6+ hours of guided outside activities:
7 module titles covered…
- Introduction to the Process & Vowel Testing
- Intonation Testing and Analysis Basics
- Consonant Testing and Other Assessment Issues
- Vowel, Intonation, and Consonant Scoring Review
- Instruction: Basic Building Blocks
- Program Design Options: How Much Can I Fit Into This Format?
- Marketing ABCs for Accent: Putting Your Best Foot Forward
Dates Vary for each Series!
Please contact us to be notified about our next series coming July 2019! In the meantime to ‘get a feel’ for how we do things, please review our most recent 2019 Series Offering Details.
- Review Level 1 Series content at left
- Click/Read the current event details carefully. See the Register link on that page.
- Know that maximum registration cutoffs apply.
- Fees must be prepaid when seat is confirmed; invoice and details will be mailed shortly after registration.
NEXT SERIES COMING July 2019!
There will be a quick-pay invoice pdf to fill in and pay after you reserve your online place..
…3 Content Themes explored!
■ accent assessment
**An estimated 3+ hours of video scoring practicum for you!
Level 1 is your chance to solidify/review your accent assessment efforts via the best-selling P.O.E.C. Accent Assessment Battery, the LDS accent testing protocol. Testing issues are covered in Web Titles I-IV above. Participants do the practice scoring with real, videotaped full assessments using our complete P.O.E.C. battery, via our online portal open 24/7 to attendees. Attendees can review and refine their practice skills at their own pace, minus any group pressure to ‘hurry up and get it!‘.
■ instructional content and basic formats
**An estimated 1.5 hour homework assignment, with the option for instructor review
Regardless of the training format you choose, there are essential teaching issues for improving American English accents that should be the building blocks of an effective program. You then must identify the best teaching format for your goals, addressing these issues with economy of cost and time in mind, and be ever mindful of the workplace needs and learning habits of the adult! These are addressed in two webinars in Level 1: an in-depth review of what to cover and a separate web addressing format choices and reasonable expectations in each option.
Having a broad knowledge base for accented speech brings depth to your training. It doesn’t, however, automatically result in:1) customers who are content with their progress or 2) getting paid what you’re worth! That requires knowing how to match testing results with participant needs and expectations… and knowing how to price it right! The marketing webinar includes
an interactive activity that is expanded on your own time and returned for instructor input, if desired.
How do I set this up?
See the decision Checklist in the side bar!
Besides our robust handouts for every session:
Your own [full edition] ‘trainer set’ of our materials to assess and teach NAE adults:
- P.O.E.C. Assessment Battery for Accent (downloadable manual, test plate slide show, NEW interactive automated score booklet, etc., plus, print test plates, 20 print score booklets) 6th Edition (Retails $205.00)
- M.E.E.C. Complete Audio Series, E-Edition (3 downloadable e-workbooks and 13 audio files) 3rd Printing** (Retails $189.00)
**We’ve made a few small but important improvements that both trainers & learners will enjoy!
Now, participants have one more ‘perk’ for getting the P.O.E.C. during the course. You have access to Lorna Sikorski’s recorded web series entitled: “P.O.E.C.’s Talking Manual”. Certainly, you still need the manual. However, it’s great to hear the author give you a broad-strokes overview of the assessment and her personal tips and strategies for using the test (and, reading the manual effectively) that can only be accomplished by informally chatting about it!