Level 1 Series: The Basic ABCs of Accent Consulting
You must missed a series! Contact us and get details on the next 2022 series.
Basic Trainer Education Series for Accent Consulting
Seven sessions, 13.5 live learning hours plus **6+ hours of guided outside activities:
7 module titles covered…
- Introduction to the Process & Vowel Testing
- Intonation Testing and Analysis Basics
- Consonant Testing and Other Assessment Issues
- Vowel, Intonation, and Consonant Scoring Review
- Instruction: Basic Building Blocks
- Program Design Options: How Much Can I Fit Into This Format?
- Marketing ABCs for Accent: Putting Your Best Foot Forward
Dates Vary for each Series! Summer 2022 Series is now CLOSED! Contact us to be informed in time for the next series.
…3 Content Themes explored!
■ accent assessment
**An estimated 3+ hours of video scoring practicum for you!
Level 1 is your chance to solidify/review your accent assessment efforts via the best-selling P.O.E.C. Accent Assessment Battery 7th Ed., the LDS accent testing protocol. Testing issues are covered in Web Titles I-IV above. Participants do the practice scoring with real, videotaped full assessments using our complete P.O.E.C. battery, via our online portal open 24/7 to attendees. Attendees can review and refine their practice skills at their own pace, minus any group pressure to ‘hurry up and get it!‘
What’s included in your course: The complete P.O.E.C. Accent Assessment Battery 7th Ed
■ instructional content and basic formats
**An estimated 1.5 hour homework assignment, with the option for instructor review
We deliver 2 web sessions in this theme. NEW: We continually revamp our instruction module, especially to support you with the hybrid learning module most are preferring since 2020!. We want you to be ready to compete!
- Identify the best teaching format for your goals,
- address these issues with economy of cost and time in mind and
- be mindful of the workplace needs and learning habits of the adult!
- What’s included in your course:
- The newest edition of our Mastering Effective English Communication e-Series to help you solidify the content you want to use and use it confidently in your desired instruction formats!
We continue to see seismic shifts in how everyone engages at work! We continually revamp our marketing module to help you be ‘agile’ with these changes! Broadening your knowledge base for accented speech brings depth to your training. It doesn’t, however, automatically result in: 1) customers who are content with their progress or 2) getting paid what you’re worth! That requires knowing how to match testing results with participant needs and expectations… and knowing how to price it right! The marketing webinar includes a time-appropriate brainstorming activity: you continue to customize it on your own time and returned for instructor input, if desired.
Besides our robust handouts for every session:
Your own [full edition] ‘trainer set’ of our materials to assess and teach NAE adults:
- P.O.E.C. Assessment Battery 7th Edition, for Accent (downloadable manual, test plate slide show, NEW interactive automated score booklet, etc., plus, print test plates, 20 print score booklets) 6th Edition (Retails $205.00)
- M.E.E.C. Complete Audio Series, E-Edition (3 downloadable e-workbooks and 13 audio files) 7th Edition** (Retails $189.00)
**We’ve made a few small but important improvements that both trainers & learners will enjoy!
You have one more ‘perk’ for getting the P.O.E.C. during the course that store buyers do not. Level 1 participants access Lorna Sikorski’s recorded web series entitled: “P.O.E.C.’s Talking Manual”. Certainly, you still need the manual. However, it’s great to hear the author give you a broad-strokes overview of the assessment and her personal tips and strategies for using the test (and, reading the manual effectively) that can only be accomplished by informally chatting about it!