M.I.A.E. – The Mastering Idioms of American English Product Line
A multi-pronged resource for adult, intermediate+ language learners that blends written and oral practice opportunities.
Volume 1 – The Front Vowels &
Volume 2 – /r/-Colored Vowels
Great for in class and homework applications:
- Improves mastery of the highest levels of adult, idiomatic speech
- Expands and differentiates business and social expression
- Provides challenging audio practice that will encourage a more natural, colloquial North American English
- Defines idioms with both business and social usage examples
- Works seamlessly with our Mastering Effective English Series’:
- Utilizes the IPA and the Sound Features concepts of the M.E.E.C., The Vowel System of American English (5310-D)
- Utilizes the Key Codes and philosophy of the M.E.E.C., The Intonation Patterns of American English (5312-D)
- BONUS list of additional expressions to challenge learners in each unit
- 100+ pages of activities and descriptive information
- Unit expressions are organized by grammar function and keyed with icons
- Units have a blend of fill-in (via the adobe interactive boxes) written activities and oral practice opportunities – great for in class and homework applications
Immediate feedback from a user of the latest editions!
I listened to Audio 1, track 1 to track 7, which was very interesting. I think the e-book is very good because the learners can learn not only pronunciation/linking but also idioms, which are also important. To write my own sentences also helps to get used to the expressions.
M.I.A.E. Teacher Toolbox
- This Trainer Set contains your personal E-Editions of Volumes 1 and 2 PLUS files of reproducible handouts in pdf form for each of the two volumes in the M.I.A.E. Series:
- Lists of expressions that compiles all the expressions used in the volumes! Great e-handouts for learners and instructors
- Discussion questions. Conversation starters and role play questions on the idioms in the volumes. These provide great, online/in-class oral group activities. It will be so much easier to extend the learners’ solo written exercises and solo audio practice in very meaningful ways.
- Pre and Post Testing options. Score forms that form a complete multiple-choice exam reviewing the contents of the volume. Start your programs with the pre-test and have objective evidence of progress on the post-testing.